Standing Vertical Jump
Power, Bigger/Longer/Further is better
The Standing Vertical Jump measures power of the lower limbs by measuring how high an individual can jump from a standing position.
Equipment Required: Tape measure, flat non-slip surface, wall, chalk, test administrator x1
- Participant performs a short warm-up following a RAMP protocol.
- Participant chalks their hands and stands side-on to a wall and reaches up with the hand closest to the wall. Keeping their feet flat on the ground, they mark their highest reach with their chalked fingertips.
- Participant stands away from the wall, re-chalks their hand and leaps vertically as high as possible, using both their arms and legs to assist in projecting the body upwards.
- Participant touches the wall at the highest point of their jump.
- Test administrator measures from the first mark to the second mark in centimetres.
- Participant completes three attempts, test administrator records best attempt.
- Participant inputs their best score into SharedGoals by clicking on the green “Add score” button.