3 Cone "L" Drill (Left Side)
Agility, Shorter times are better
The 3-Cone “L” Shuttle Drill measures agility by measuring acceleration, deceleration and change of direction around a marked course.
Equipment Required: Large open space, tape measure, marker cones x3, stopwatch, test administrator x1
- Participant performs a short warm-up following a RAMP protocol.
- Test administrator sets-up course. They select the starting point, and place a cone (Cone A). Test administrator measures a distance of 5 yards (4.57m) and places a second cone (Cone B) in line with Cone A. Test administrator then places a final cone (Cone C) 5 yards to the left of Cone B, forming an “L” shape.
- Participant readies themself on Cone A in a standing split-stance position.
- Participant is counted down “3-2-1-GO” by the test administrator. On the command of “GO”, the administrator starts the stopwatch.
- Participant sprints from Cone A to Cone B and touches it with their right hand. Participant then turns and runs back to Cone A and also touches that with their right hand. Participant then runs back to Cone B and around the outside of it, weaves inside Cone C, then back around the outside of Cone C and B, before finishing at Cone A. Test administrator stops the timer when the pass Cone A after looping around Cone C and B.
- Participant completes three attempts and the test administrator records best attempt for each side.
- Participant inputs the fastest time into SharedGoals by clicking on the green “Add score” button.