Standing Broad Jump
Power, Bigger/Longer/Further is better
The Standing Broad Jump measures power of the lower limbs by measuring how far an individual can jump from a standing position.
Equipment Required: Tape measure, flat non-slip surface, chalk, test administrator x1
- Participant performs a short warm-up following a RAMP protocol.
- Participant stands behind a line marked on the ground with feet slightly apart.
- Participant takes off on two feet, swinging their arms and bending their knees to provide forward drive.
- Participant attempts to jump as far forward as possible, landing on both feet without falling backwards.
- Test administrator measures from the take-off line, to the nearest point of contact (back of the heels) in metres/centimetres.
- Participant completes three attempts, test administrator records best attempt.
- Participant inputs the longest jump distance into SharedGoals by clicking on the green “Add score” button.