1200 Meter Bronco Shuttle Test
Aerobic Capacity, Shorter times are better
The 1200m Bronco Shuttle Test measures aerobic capacity by measuring the total time it takes to cover the distance of 1200m.
Equipment Required: Large open space, stopwatch, trundle wheel, marker cones x4
- Participant selects a starting point and places a cone (Cone A).
- Participant then measures a distance of 20m using the trundle wheel from Cone A and places a second cone (Cone B). Participant then measures a further 20m from Cone B and places a third cone (Cone C), before measuring another 20m and placing a fourth and final cone (Cone D).
- Participant readies themself on Cone A in a standing split-stance position. When they are ready, participant starts the stopwatch and proceeds to run 20m at a comfortable pace to Cone B, before turning around and running back to Cone A. Once the participant has returned to Cone A, they then turn around again and run 40m to Cone C. Once the participant has reached Cone C, they will turn around and run 40m back to Cone A. Once the participant has returned to Cone A, they will turn around and run 60m to Cone D. Once the participant has reached Cone D, they will turn around and run 60m back to Cone A again. This final return to Cone A signals the completion of 1 series of shuttles.
- Participant repeats this process 5 times without stopping to accrue a distance of 1200m. Participant will stop the timer when they complete their 5th series of shuttles.
- Participant inputs the time it took them to complete 1200m into SharedGoals by clicking on the green “Add score” button.