Front Plank Test
Strength Endurance, Longer times are better
The Front Plank Test measures strength endurance of the trunk by measuring how long an individual can hold a front plank position for.
Equipment Required: Stopwatch, flat non-slip surface
- Participant performs a short warm-up following a RAMP protocol.
- Participant suspends their body in the air by balancing on their forearms and toes. Forearms should be shoulder-width apart, elbows should be flexed, and there should be a straight line from the participant’s shoulders, through to their hips, to their knees, and all the way to their toes.
- Participant starts the timer.
- Participant maintains this position for as long as they possibly can.
- Participant inputs the total time they held the front plank position for into SharedGoals by clicking on the green “Add score” button.